The Japan Council History Committee (JCHC) was established in 2006, and started its activities following the mission and objectives below.
Mission and Objectives of JCHC
- To promote and increase the evaluation for the history of Japanese technology in electrical, electronic, and computing engineering in cooperation with the IEEE History Center.
- To find the past achievements valuable as Milestone, and promote the application to the IEEE Milestone cooperating with the sections or chapters. Also to preserve the records of the past Milestone in Japan to promote the exploitation of them.
|Outline of IEEE Milestone|
IEEE Japan Council History Committee hosted HISTELCON 2017. Website is now available
2017/2018 Committee MembersJapan Council History Committee consists of 15 members, Chair, Secretary, Advisers, nine members delegating nine sections and JC Chapter Operations Committee Chair as follows:
|Isao SHIRAKAWA (Chair)||Kazunori SHIMAMURA (Vice Chair)||Miki YAMAMOTO (Secretary)|
|Minoru FUJISHIMA(*COC Chair)||Tatsuya KASHIWA (Sapporo)||Hideaki SONE (Sendai)|
|Tohru KIRYU (Shin-etsu)||Haruo OKUDA (Tokyo)||Masayuki NAGAO (Nagoya)|
|Isao SHIRAKAWA (Kansai)||Takao HINAMOTO (Hiroshima)||Katsushi IWASHITA (Shikoku)|
|Hirotoshi FUKUNAGA (Fukuoka)|
- 2014 Committee Meeting was held on September 5 at Tohoku University Cyberscience Center in Miyagi.
- 2013 Committee Meeting was held on September 27 at Kitami Institute of Technology Sapporo Satellite Office in Hokkaido.
- 2012 Committee Meeting was held on November 16 at University of Hyogo Port Island campus in Hyogo.
- 2011 Committee Meeting was held on December 6 at KOCHI CITY CULTURE-PLAZA “CUL-PORT” in Kochi.
- 2010 Committee Meeting was held on October 29 at Kyushu University New Campus, Fukuoka.
- 2009 Committee Meeting was held on October 29 at TOSHIBA SCIENCE MUSEUM, Tokyo.
- 2008 Committee Meeting was held on November 21 at the memorial hall of Sharp Corporation in Tenri city.
- 2007 Committee Meeting was held on November 2 at the city hall of Kariya, near Nagoya with a short tour to Yosami memorial museum.